Saturday, October 4, 2008

Is it worth it to have all that you want!



You here it all the time that most Americans are living above there means... If you ask me prices are ridiculous for anything nowadays. So are you the person who has to have it all nice car, dream home etc... but always broke.... Or are you the person who lives in your means and enjoys your life.. vacationing.. pampering yourself... Isn't that what life is all about... seeing the world enjoying every moment ... not living pay check to pay check for a dream home that is not a great dream after all.. After much thought I would rather live within my means even if it's a small home.... Because I'd rather be the person soaking up the sun...Instead of the person behind the luxurious door with piles of bills...
Elana

4 comments:

Cathe Holden said...

In order for me to stay home and raise kids, I closed my business, work from home, live a modest life free of debt, with the exception of our house. We don't have anything fancy, older cars, outdated televisions, etc.

It is the greatest peace to live within your means. If you have the PRIVLEGE to do so, you'll understand.

Lovely blog.

Lily said...

I agree... we don't have the new cars, or the huge house- we live simply. Granted we have bills--and sometimes money is a challenge b/c I am a SAHM.. but that is a choice we have made for the well-being of our family. We do have debts, but we are working on paying those off so that we can live debt-free.

My house isn't huge, but it's big enough for us. It's not full of new and expensive things, but things that have been carefully chosen with love and paid for with cash. They aren't treasures to anyone else-- but they are to us. We are thankful for all of our blessings, most of all one another.

Chichiboulie said...

Hear hear! I completely agree.

Vivian said...

Living simply & thankfully is my goal everyday. I think of people in other countries who don't have anything close to what most of us here have.

Thanks for the lovely post. Great blog.