Sunday, October 5, 2008

Featured Guest of the Week!

This weeks feature guest from etsy is Kari from Dots and Daisies Boutique. I recently had the privilege to do an interview with her via E-Mail. So here's the scoop on Dots and Daisies Boutique..... What inspired you to start a shop on etsy?I started my shop on etsy to find an outlet and motivation for the items I craft. It has given me a "job"that I am actually proud of and feel excited to work on. Unlike my job outside the home, my shop gives me some pride in what I am doing. I also feel like it gives my kids a chance to see me doing something I love. The shirts I sell in my shop were inspired by my son. I started making them for him a year and half ago when I couldn't find very many "cute" boy shirts. I've continued to make shirts for both my son and daughter.They love helping me decided on new ideas and have been wonderful models in my shop. The felt board set I also sell in my shop were again inspired by my children. I started making felt sets for my son when he was one years old. I've continued to make new sets for both my children for over four years now. When I decided to open my etsy shop it was a pretty easy decision to include some of my felt board sets, too. I have tons more ideas for them, but only some much time to actually make them.
How long have you been crafting? I have been crafting pretty much my whole life.Creativity is the one quality in myself that I am really proud of. I grew up with a mom who was very creative and have also loved using my own creativity.I don't feel like I have any one type of craft I love to do.I love doing any type of craft that is fun for me and I am always willing to give something new a try.
What is your favorite item in your shop and why? My favorite item in my shop(besides my little models) is my Old McDonald Felt Board Set. I really had fun making all the different animals and love how versatile this set can be. It was also the hardest set to make, but it is definitely a favorite among my children.
You will definitely want to check out Dots and Daisies Boutique... there is so much cuteness is this shop.... you will definitely find great gifts here... http://www.dotsanddaisies.etsy.com/ and you can learn more about Kari at her bloghttp://www.lifewithcreativity.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Kami said...

Kari's stuff is so cute!! I have several of her products and the quality is amazing!!! My children adore the felt board sets and the shirts, well they just can't get any cuter!!! Thanks for sharing this interview with Kari!!!!